Thursday, August 16, 2007

Jen Gloeckner - Miles Away

(One little indian, 25th April 2005)

I came across a new singer/songwriter for me yesterday. I discovered Jen Gloeckner on myspace.com by chance and so listened all songs there. I tell you I was fairly surprised and excited. She's really good! I know that her last release "Miles Away" is from 2005 but it doesn't matter. It's fresh and beautiful stuff for me anyway ;-) Her music is melange of pop, alt-folk with gloomy, jazz feeling. You can hear many kind of instruments on CD like guitar, keybords, mandolin, cello, percussion and flute etc.
I highly recommend her album Miles Away.

Jen recalls, "When I wrote the material for the record, I wanted more than just singer/songwriter style songs." She adds "I understood that giving the music space to breathe on its own was very crucial in developing the moods that I wanted to create."

I dare say that Jen Gloeckner will be definitelly star in future after her next release. I hope she will as well as Norah Jones :-)

MySpace > http://www.myspace.com/jengloeckner

If you like it support artist and buy at one little indian shop or amazon.com, please.

No comments: