Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Man Man - Six Demon Bag

(Ace Fu Records, 2006)

When I first heard this great Philadelphia group I was impressed.
Man Man's music universe is mainly raucous voice of Honus Honus, clanging percussion
, sonorous saxophone-trumpet-oboe lines and funny rollicking back vocals. All toghether is really weird experimental indie sound reminiscents you Tom Waits and Captain Beefheart maybe. Following short description from allmusic.com set laughing me: klezmer-influenced soundtrack to your scariest nightmare about killer clowns. ;o))

Best songs: Ice Dogs, Black Mission Goggles

I really enjoy Six Demon Bags very much. So I highly recommend this very unique release!

MySpace > http://www.myspace.com/wearemanman
Free video (Quicktime) > 10 Lb. Moustache
Free mp3 > 10 Lb. Moustache / Black Mission Goggles / Van Helsing Boombox
Support artist and buy here

No comments: