Friday, September 29, 2006

Polar Bear - Held On The Tips Of Fingers

(Babel, 2005 - Mercury Music Prize nominated)

It was a big surprise for me when I came across British jazz quartet Polar Bear. 'Cause I don't expect something so catchy, fresh, joyfull and with a punkish energy :))

Members of group
originate from Aberdeen, Scotland are drummer and leader Seb Rochford who wrote all the tunes, electronica artist Leafcutter John, bassist Tom Herbert and finally two tenor saxmen Mark Lockheart and Pete Wareham. If I were to pick a two favourite tracks it would be Beartown with marvellous leading twin saxes conversation and Fluffy for great breakbeat drums, noirish electronic soundscapes with big tension inside.

Polar Bear playing a clever post-jazz which you can only love or hate. Nothing else. I love it. So what's your choise? ;)

Free mp3
> Beartown mp3
> Fluffy (I Want You) mp3
> Held on the Tips of Fingers mp3

MySpace
> http://www.myspace.com/sebastianrochford

Support artist and buy here.

No comments: